|Welcome to the Office of the San Francisco Treasurer & Tax Collector’s Monthly Traffic Congestion Mitigation Tax Return.
|Please note the following:
- Tax Returns must be filed Monthly and transmitted before midnight on the due date. If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the due date is the following business day.
- Penalties, interest and fees will be imposed if not timely filed and paid.
|Please have the following data ready to start your Tax Return for each location:
- Your seven (7) digit Business Account Number
- Last four (4) digits of your Federal Taxpayer Identification Number
- Your eight (8) character Online PIN (Click here for more information on the PIN)
|A Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the administration of tax laws:
- Social Security Number (SSN): For sole proprietors, the business identification number may be the same as the individual’s Social Security Number (SSN) or TIN, if applicable.
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN): An FEIN is required for all partnerships, corporations, and LLCs (single-member LLCs without an FEIN may use a SSN). This number is obtained from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN): An ITIN is a tax processing number only available for certain nonresident and resident aliens, their spouses, and dependents who cannot get an SSN.
|Need further assistance?
Submit your question by clicking on the link below. A representative will contact you on the SAME DAY of the request if submitted prior to 7 pm. Requests received after 7 pm will receive a response by the next business day.
Submit service request
For instructions regarding completing the online Traffic Congestion Mitigation Tax Return, click here
Do NOT use your browser buttons to move forward/backward or print.
Use these tabs at the top of each page to review a previous page.
button at the bottom of each page to move forward.
All required data fields are indicated with a red border.
You must complete each page before moving to the next one.
You may enter/exit the site at any time. The data is saved for completed pages.
The Return has been submitted only when you see the confirmation on the right.
Business address, location or closure information may be updated through